|Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Breaks Cover in Spring 2014|
Konami Digital Entertainment has revealed the unique link between its eagerly-awaited Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes title and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
Both new additions to the Metal Gear Solid canon, Kojima Productions has created Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes as an entry experience and prologue to the events of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. It will serve to introduce key gameplay components that will be fully realised in the fifth, full Metal Gear Solid epic, and act as a bridge between the linearity of existing titles and the full open-world environments of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
Explaining the relationship between the two titles, Hideo Kojima – Creator of the Metal Gear Solid series and Head of Kojima Productions – commented: “The advanced capabilities of the FOX Engine have allowed me to tell the new story in a new way. There will be a significant difference in what Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain brings to the series, so we want to ease players into the new open world environment and its potential. As such, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes has been designed to introduce key elements, allowing them to fully benefit from all that the new game will offer.”
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes charts a rescue mission as users infiltrate a Cuban prison camp, and sets in motion a series of events that culminate in the stunning plotlines of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. The prelude showcases key advances to the series made possible by its use of Kojima Productions’ FOX Engine, with a large open environment, and missions where time of day and weather have a dynamic effect on the game and its missions. These elements will play a vital part in the story set up in Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, while familiarising users with the possibilities they offer ahead of MMetal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
Both titles will be released for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, highlighting the groundbreaking capabilities that the FOX Engine brings to current and next generation consoles.
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will be released for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in Spring 2014. The boxed PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions will retail at $29.99 / £29.99, while the digital versions will retail for $19.99 / £19.99. The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One digital versions will retail for $29.99 / £29.99.
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes acts as a prologue to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and takes place one year after the events of Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. Assuming control of the legendary Snake (a.k.a. Big Boss), players are charged with the infiltration of Camp Omega where both Paz and Chico are held. The hostages hold key information concerning Snake and his private military organisation that Snake and his ally Kaz Miller must prevent from being exposed. Ground Zeroes charts the rescue and the subsequent fallout that leads into the beginning of the The Phantom Pain. Ground Zeroes also acts as a bridge between previous Metal Gear Solid titles, easing players into the vaunted open world of MGSV.
• The power of Fox Engine – Ground Zeroes showcases Kojima Productions’ stunning FOX Engine, a true next-generation game engine which revolutionizes the Metal Gear Solid experience.
• Introduction to Open World design – The first Metal Gear Solid title to offer open world gameplay. Ground Zeroes offers total freedom of play: how missions are undertaken is entirely down to the user.
• Unrestricted Stealth – Imagine classic Metal Gear gameplay but with no restrictions or boundaries. Players use intelligence and cerebral strategy to sneak their way through entire missions, or go in all guns blazing. Each will have different effects on game consequences and advancement.
• Multiple missions and tasks – Ground Zeroes boasts a central story mode and additional side-missions ranging from tactical action, aerial assaults and “covert” stages that will be sure to surprise.
• Redesigned interface – Ground Zeroes users will benefit from a clean in-game HUD that shows the minimal amount of on-screen data to give a more intense gaming experience.
• Various in-game weather settings – Ground Zeroes will test the player in a variety of time and weather environments that will be central to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Use night conditions to your advantage, or poor weather as strategic cover.
• True next generation gaming – Available simultaneously with the current generation of gaming consoles, Ground Zeroes will give PS4 and Xbox One consumers the chance to showcase the power of their new machines.