|Samurai Begin a New Chapter in History - Koei Tecmo Europe Launches Samurai Warriors 4|
Koei Tecmo Europe is elated to announce to fans across Europe that the tactical action game Samurai Warriors 4 launches this Friday 24 October 2014 (Today in North America), for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment systems and PS Vita system. Samurai Warriors 4 pays tribute to a decade of the tactical action Warriors brand that has sold over 34 million units worldwide with a new chapter of the Warring States saga and the franchise’s first-ever appearance on new generation systems with its release on PlayStation 4. The ever-evolving series offers an entirely new Samurai Warriors experience with an abundance of new content and upgrades including devastating attacks, numerous gameplay and story modes in stunning HD resolutions.
"With every new installment, we strive to bring great advances to the series, making it even more immersive and exciting for players," said Hisashi Koinuma, Producer for Samurai Warriors 4. "We are so thankful for the devoted supporters who have waited four years for Samurai Warriors 4, our greatest hope is that players feel like they are truly making their own mark on history."
Samurai Warriors 4 offers an impressive roster of 55 playable characters including new warriors and returning favourites which have received major graphical upgrades and rearranged battle moves. Eradicating the enemy ranks is more thrilling than ever with new manoeuvres including Hyper Attacks which allow for rapid movement on the battlefield, a powerful Rage Attack and deadly finishing moves with Mighty Strikes.
Conceived to honour the dedicated players of the series, the Samurai Warriors 4: Special Anime Pack, exclusively for the PlayStation 4, treats fans to a treasure trove of “must-have” Samurai Warriors content including the Samurai Warriors: Legend of Sanada anime, the official game soundtrack and several DLC packs housed in commemorative 10th anniversary Collector's Edition packaging.
For the latest Samurai Warriors 4 news follow us on facebook.com/koeigames or visit samuraiwarriors4.eu and follow us on twitter @tecmokoeieurope
|It's a Great Busty Bake Off! Marvelous Europe Announces Release Date for Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit on PlayStation Vita|
Marvelous Europe today announces that Japan’s sexiest rhythm/cooking game Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit!, will be available for digital download on November 12th, 2014 in Europe, Australia and other PAL regions on the PlayStation Store. Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit! will also be published in North America on November 11th by sister label XSEED Games.
Today also sees the release of the first in a series of three tantalising gameplay trailers created by the European publisher. This week’s video showcases a battle between two of the game’s main characters - Asuka and Homura, as well as some absurdly abstract antics from ‘Master Hanzo’. The trailer can be seen here:
Unlike previous entries in the infamous Senran Kagura series, Bon Appetit! veers away from its beat ‘em up roots and into truly surreal new territory. Players’ reflexes, memory and reaction speeds are all put to the test, with fast-paced rhythm/action gameplay combined with delightful and infectious Japanese music. There are 10 songs to perfect and 10 super dishes to create from day one, and plenty more to come via DLC. With all this content, it will take time and dedication to become a master baker!
Fans of the series will be pleased to know that while the genre differs from previous entries, the very essence of Senran Kagura - crazy combos, sexy specials and off-beat humour - remains firmly intact. The grand prize for winning the first annual ‘Super Dish Gourmet Cook-Off’ is a magical scroll granting the owner any wish they desire. Such a prize is enticing enough to convince the girls from SHINOVI VERSUS to compete, and a gathering of dangerous and volatile shinobi in one place is bound to bring drama, chaos and a smorgasbord of scintillating surprises.
All character and costume DLC from SHINOVI VERSUS is compatible with Bon Appétit!, and all players that download the Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit! Gessen x Hebijo DLC pack will be treated to a free soundtrack app featuring songs from the game.
Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit! is developed by Meteorise, together with Marvelous Inc. of Japan for the PlayStation Vita. Marvelous Europe will publish the title in Europe digitally on the PlayStation Store, with an estimated retail price of €14.99. This title has been rated 16+ by PEGI in Europe, 16+ by USK in Germany and MA in Australia. XSEED Games will publish the title in North America, where it has been rated Mature by the ESRB.
|Alien Isolation's First Add-on Pack, 'Corporate Lockdown', Releases October 28|
“Nobody’s clean; everyone’s got a little dirt on them. You just gotta know how to use it to make them squirm.”
SEGA today announced that the first of five add-on packs for Alien: Isolation, ‘Corporate Lockdown’, releases October 28, 2014, offering players three new challenging and terrifying maps for the game’s Survivor Mode. Each challenge pack offers a new perspective on the events on-board Sevastopol Station in the days before the arrival of the Weyland-Yutani team, with a new playable character, a unique set of objectives and a new game mode.
In ‘Corporate Lockdown’, Seegson Executive Ransome has learnt that he has been abandoned by his paymasters. Knowing that the Torrens is on the way, he decides to make his escape and hitch a ride on board, taking decoded Nostromo data with him. However, while escaping he wants to tie up a few loose ends… Across three new challenge maps, ‘Severance’, ‘Scorched Earth’ and ‘Loose Ends’, players are challenged to compete against others through Alien: Isolation’s online leaderboards, to escape the station in the fastest possible time or attain the top score through numerous side quests and hidden bonus objectives. New to ‘Corporate Lockdown’ is the addition of Gauntlet Mode where players are challenged to top the Gauntlet Mode leaderboards by completing all three challenge maps back-to-back without dying.
‘Corporate Lockdown’ will be available to download via online marketplaces for available platforms from October 28, priced at MSRP $7.99/€6.99/£5.59 and will be followed by four more packs: ‘Trauma’, ‘Safe Haven’, ‘Lost Contact’ and ‘The Trigger’. Each will feature a new playable character alongside a mix of new maps, objectives and game modes to challenge even the most proficient player. Players wishing to explore every inch of Sevastopol Station can take advantage of the Alien: Isolation Season Pass, offering access to all five Survivor Mode add-on packs at up to a 25% discount. All add-on packs are scheduled to be released by March 2015.
Alien: Isolation is a first-person survival horror game set on board a decommissioned trading station in the fringes of space. Players find themselves in an atmosphere of constant dread and mortal danger as an unpredictable, ruthless Xenomorph is stalking and killing deep in the shadows. Underpowered and underprepared, you must scavenge resources, improvise solutions and use your wits, not just to succeed in your mission, but to simply stay alive.
Alien: Isolation is available now for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system, Windows PC, Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system.
|Bergsala Lightweight Confirms EU Release for New Harvest Moon Game|
Global videogames publishers Bergsala Lightweight and Natsume Inc today announces a new publishing deal for Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley, the latest game in the Harvest Moon series. This partnership means that Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley will be released across PAL territories in Q1 2015, exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS.
Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley sees players discovering a mysterious valley where winter never ends; the other seasons have all vanished and only you can help bring them back! With help from the Harvest Sprites, local villagers and even the Harvest Goddess herself, the world is truly yours to shape however you like. Make your mark by planting, digging and building, raise animals and attract newcomers to the valley, make new friends and even start a family!
While the gameplay stays true to previous Harvest Moon games, Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley takes you into a fully 3D environment to open up new possibilities. Dig down into the earth to create caves, stack dirt high to form mountains, build roads and bridges to explore new areas, create your own fishing ponds or crop fields and much, much more! And with new context-sensitive actions available to help with the work, shaping your own world has never been so easy.
“Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley marks a new milestone in the Harvest Moon series, with the refined gameplay that has made it so loved around the world now moved into full 3D,” said Allan Ronnebro of Bergsala Lightweight. “We’re delighted to be able to bring it to Europe in early 2015, and hope that long-term and new fans alike will love what this latest game offers.”
"We are very excited to be working with Bergsala Lightweight in publishing Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley across Europe," said Hiro Maekawa, president and CEO of Natsume Inc. "We know that European Harvest Moon fans have been eagerly awaiting this title, and we are very happy that they will be able to play this new evolution of Harvest Moon thanks to Bergsala Lightweight!"
Specific details about the release date of Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley in PAL territories will be disclosed in due course.
|Sunset Overdrive Launch Trailer and “Week of Explosions” Ignite the Fuse for the Awesomepocalypse |
BOOM. Are you ready? The Awesomepocalypse is nigh and the mutant-infested open world of Sunset Overdrive is almost here, with hyper-agility, over-the-top weaponry and factions to boot.
Xbox and Insomniac Games invite you to dive in deep with a launch trailer that was released today, giving fans a final sneak peek at the game that rewrites the rules of traditional shooters and delivers an explosive, irreverent, stylish, and totally unique adventure exclusively to Xbox One starting October 28.
Eager to whet your appetite with more explosive Sunset Overdrive videos? Stop, drop and check a video and full details on the “Week of Explosions” kicking off today.
Xbox and YouTube Stars Celebrate Launch with “Week of Explosions”
Have you ever seen a crazy explosion in a video game and thought, “wouldn’t it be cool to see that in real life?”
Well, Xbox and Insomniac Games fans, daydream no longer. The Xbox marketing team drank a little too much Overcharge Delirium XT, and are teaming up with Discovery Digital Networks’ SourceFed, SourceFedNERD, RatedRR and The Vloggity to launch “Week of Explosions”: a series of videos featuring your favorite YouTube stars exploding a variety of real-life objects inspired by Sunset Overdrive, from cans of Overcharge to TNTeddies to a massive Fizzie parade balloon or a full-size Mutant Transportation Vehicle filled with terrifying mutants.
The best part? You get to choose what you’d like to see blown up for the grand finale of “Week of Explosions” on October 28. Just go to xbox.com/sunsetoverdrive and tell us your pick (#BlowUpFizzie or #BlowUpMutants). The first 100,000 fans who vote will receive a limited edition in-game outfit:
• Granny’s Revenge outfit: What’s in the basket, Red Riding Hood? Oh, a fire-spewing shotgun? I think you’ll make it to Granny’s just fine. This ain’t no fairy tale – this is Sunset Overdrive. So, slap on this outfit and trek into those woods.
Follow along all week as we make stuff go “boom” with regular video updates on YouTube.
Here’s the full schedule for “Week of Explosions”:
• Tuesday, Oct. 21: "SourceFedPLAYS… with Explosions!” – a special target practice competition with exploding cans of Overcharge, featuring RatedRR’s Richard Ryan and SourceFed hosts Sam, Matt and Joe.
• Wednesday, Oct. 22: “Boom Cloud” – Richard and the top two finalists from the shoot-off rig up some Det Cord to create a real-life mushroom cloud explosion that spells “BOOM,” just like the game.
• Sunday, Oct. 26: “Teddy Bear Rain” – the remaining two hosts face off in a head-to-head shoot-off, this time targeting explosive TNTeddies. The first person to hit all five targets will trigger the explosion of a giant pile of TNTeddies – and give a whole new meaning to “make it rain.”
• Tuesday, Oct. 28: “Grand Finale Explosion” – which unfortunate object will meet its spectacularly explosive demise – the Fizzie parade balloon or the Mutant Transportation Vehicle? Tune in to RatedRR to find out…
What are you waiting for? Head over to www.xbox.com/sunsetoverdrive and start voting!
Oh, and lest we forget to mention…please don’t try this at home! Your doctor probably won’t be very happy…
|Nickelodeon & Activision Release The Legend of Korra Video Game Today, Bringing the Beloved Animated Series to Gameplay Worldwide|
Nickelodeon and Activision combined forces to launch The Legend of Korra a single-player, third-person action video game based on Nickelodeon’s fan-favorite, animated series. Developed by gaming industry leader, PlatinumGames Inc., this original title is out today worldwide as a digital release on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment systems and Windows PC, and arrives tomorrow on Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft.
“All of the hardcore gamers on the Korra crew jumped when they heard Activision had lined up PlatinumGames to develop the video game, and Mike and I are incredibly pleased with how it faithfully and affectionately captures the look and spirit of the Avatar-verse and its characters,” said Bryan Konietzko, Nickelodeon’s The Legend of Korra co-creator/executive producer. “On top of that achievement, it’s a ton of fun to play and we can’t wait for the fans to experience Korra in a whole new way.”
"I couldn't be more pleased with how great the Korra video game looks,” said Mike DiMartino, co-creator/executive producer, Nickelodeon’s The Legend of Korra. “Both the cut scenes and all the amazing environments and gameplay by PlatinumGames look true to the show and the world."
“Only PlatinumGames, with their unrivaled flair for fiery action and fluid motion, could truly capture the unique power of the Avatar in playable form,” said Yaacov Barselah, Vice President of Games & Digital Publishing New Business, Nickelodeon. “It’s been a thrill teaming with our long-time partner, Activision, to create a Legend of Korra game worthy of her character.”
Nickelodeon’s The Legend of Korra follows Korra, a passionate young woman and the reincarnation of the Avatar, a supreme being granted mastery over the four elements of nature: fire, earth, air and water. The game’s story, crafted by series staff writer Tim Hedrick in association with co-creators and executive producers Bryan Konietzko and Michael DiMartino, bridges Books Two and Three of the series and features gorgeous cel-shaded artwork, animated story sequences and voice talent from the show’s cast.
True to PlatinumGames’ legacy, The Legend of Korra is a fast-paced brawler focused on combo-heavy martial arts combat with exceptional style. Each of Korra’s elemental abilities packs a unique punch, brought to life with brilliant color and detail. The title also features high-speed running levels with Korra’s trusted polar bear dog companion, Naga, and the franchise’s in-universe arena sport, Pro-Bending, in which teams of three use the elements to compete for battlefield territory.
The Legend of Korra video game is now available on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 through the PlayStation Network, as well as PC for $14.99. It will be available tomorrow, October 22, for Xbox One and Xbox 360 on the Xbox Games Store.
In addition, developer Webfoot Technologies has created a separate Nintendo 3DS hand-held system sku with a similar story line, The Legend of Korr™: A New Era Begins. This single-player, turn-based strategy roleplaying game will be available on October 28 as a retail-only product for $29.99.
|Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor – FREE Skin and Content to Slay Your Nemesis!|
Today, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announces the new, FREE Power of Shadow bundle for acclaimed action game, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, available now for Xbox One and soon for PlayStation 4 and Steam.
The Power of Shadow bundle allows players to don the appearance of Sauron’s fearsome servant, the Black Hand, and power up to take down their Nemesis using the new Epic Runes of Power.
The free Power of Shadow bundle includes the following upgrades
• Play as the Black Hand of Sauron
• Epic Runes including:
- One with Nature – Immunity to Poison attacks from Uruk Captains or Ghuls.
- Ascendant – Double Focus Time for slow motion ranged combat.
- Elven Grace – Increased defence which halves the damage of enemy strikes.
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor delivers a dynamic game environment where the player orchestrates their personal plan of vengeance as they bend Mordor to their will. The game begins on the night of Sauron’s return to Mordor, as his Black Captains brutally execute the Rangers of the Black Gate. Players become Talion, a ranger who loses his family and everything he holds dear, only to be returned from death by a mysterious Spirit of vengeance. Based on the player’s actions with the in-game Nemesis System, every enemy encountered is distinct and can evolve to become a personal archenemy through the course of the game. As Talion’s personal vendetta unfolds, players uncover the mystery of the Spirit that compels him, discover the origin of the Rings of Power and confront the ultimate nemesis.
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is available for PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, PC and Steam; 21st November on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
| Xbox One November System Update: New TV, Personalization and SmartGlass Features Now in Preview |
We’re bringing you new and exciting ways to watch TV and interact with the Xbox Live gaming community in this month’s Xbox One system update preview. Today, we will begin rolling out a ton of new features to members of the Xbox One preview program. We’ve got the full breakdown of features listed for you right here.
Show Who You Are
Some of the most requested features being released this month include the ability to customize your Xbox One background and showcase and share some of your favorite achievements and game clips.
• Custom Backgrounds – The #1 fan-requested feature is making its initial debut for preview members. For the first time, each account on your Xbox One can have a customized background. You can choose a custom color or achievement art as your background on Xbox One, with more customization options coming down the road.
• Gamer Profile – You can now share your location and bio as part of your profile. You can set these options on your Xbox One console and use Xbox One SmartGlass to browse to other people’s profiles and check out their showcase items. Additionally, you can now select a set of showcase items that are displayed when other gamers look at your profile on an Xbox One console. You can use Xbox One SmartGlass or Xbox One console to add or remove up to six game clips or achievements that will be displayed in a carousel format.
• Tweet about your Favorite Game Clips – You can now share your favorite Xbox One game clips with your followers on Twitter. Use the Share button on any game clip you have created and select Twitter to compose the Tweet.
A New Way to Watch TV
With new Live TV and Twitter integration, you can discover new shows to love and see what people are saying on Twitter about shows in real-time.
• Live TV Trending – Starting to roll out today for preview members in the U.S., Canada and the UK, a new tab will be available in OneGuide that displays the top 20 most watched TV shows, with the list filtered down to the shows that are currently available to you based on your OneGuide settings. The Live TV Trending list is updated by the minute, so you can easily discover shows that are popular with other viewers. The Trending tab in OneGuide is updated to display Twitter - Live TV trending first and Xbox – Live TV Trending second. You can tune to a specific show by pressing the A button.
• Twitter TV Trending – New this month in preview, you can see what Live TV is trending based on the highest number of tweets. Twitter TV Trending will initially be available to preview members in the U.S.
• Xbox TV Trending – The Trending tab in OneGuide is updated to display Twitter trending first and Xbox – Live TV Trending second. Xbox – Live TV Trending is based on the number of Xbox One owners currently watching that show in each country, pulled from anonymous data collected at a national level.
• Tweets in MiniGuide – See the actual tweets for the Live TV shows in real time and quickly find the Twitter #hashtag to join the conversation.
• Recents and Favorites in MiniGuide – MiniGuide has been updated to include your favorite TV channels in a combined Recents and Favorites area and MiniGuide can now be activated via voice by saying “Xbox Select – MiniGuide” while watching TV.
Store improvements and SmartGlass updates
We are also excited to roll out these cool features:
• Store improvements – The Store pages on Xbox One have been improved to enable you to more quickly browse and find content. The navigation buttons were moved to the far left so you can find them easier. You can also more quickly find game add-ons, perform store specific searches and recommendations are more prominently displayed. Finally, store categories have been standardized so you can easily see the top items in each query at a glance.
• Friends’ Game Activity on SmartGlass – You can now see a list of your friends that have played a given game within the Xbox One SmartGlass experience.
• Games with Gold & Deals with Gold on SmartGlass – For gamers with an Xbox Live Gold subscription, you can browse “Free Games with Gold” and discounted content with Gold and initiate download of the content to your Xbox One console from your mobile device.
• SmartGlass Store Improvements – We added a new section for Apps to make it easier to find and download apps for your Xbox One, as well as adding a Coming Soon filter for Games and Add Ons to make it easier to see upcoming Xbox One releases sorted by anticipated release date.
Internet Explorer updates
There are a few improvements Internet Explorer available this month:
• Snap IE – From the Address Bar in Internet Explorer, you can now easily snap from a full screen experience and move Internet Explorer into snap mode.
• Featured sites – Now, Internet Explorer will show a number when something is newly-added to featured sites. Newly-added sites will also display a badge until you launch them or seven days have passed since the site was added to the Featured list.
Updates to the Preview dashboard app
We’re gamifying the Preview dashboard. Here are some new features we are adding:
• My Stats – If you are in the Preview program, you will now earn points for providing feedback, including points for completing Quests, Surveys, Quick Poll questions, and rating the update. These will be shared in the Preview dashboard under My Stats. The more points you get, the more you level up, and the more rewards you’ll earn. Keep checking back for special bonus point opportunities.
• Leaderboard – We’re also adding a leaderboard that shows how you stack up against your friends based on the points you have earned. If you don’t have friends in the Preview program, we’ll show how you stack up against others in the program. Keep checking back – more things are coming to the My Stats page soon.
These new features and updates are rolling out to all Xbox One preview program members starting today and will launch for everyone in November.
The Tomorrow Children is the story of a future re-imagined from the after-effects of an experiment in 1960s Russia. In an attempt to ‘sublime’ the human race by melding all human minds into one global consciousness, the entire human race is decimated by the unsuccessful experiment. They have created you, the player, as a ‘projection clone’. Venture into ‘The Void’ to reclaim the human race and restore it to its former glory!
The alpha test will run from October 30 to November 12. Registration will close on October 24.