|Rise of the Tomb Raider FAQ|
Thank you for sending us your comments and questions. We looked through the posts on several channels and collected the questions you asked the most into the following FAQ.
• What does exclusive to Xbox mean?
It means that Rise of the Tomb Raider is coming Holiday 2015 exclusively on Xbox One and Xbox 360.
• Does the exclusive to Xbox have a duration? Is it timed? How long is the duration? Can we expect a PlayStation 4 or PC release in the future?
Yes, our deal with Microsoft has a duration. We aren’t discussing details of the deal, and are focused on delivering a great game on Xbox One and Xbox 360.
• Did Crystal Dynamics know about this deal?
Yes, Crystal Dynamics is excited to be partnering with Microsoft to make the best game possible. As Darrell mentioned in his message, we have a long history with Microsoft and they have been a very strong supporter of the franchise. They will help us grow and nurture the Tomb Raider franchise more than ever before.
• Were the fans considered when making this decision? Are Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix aware of the franchise history with PlayStation and on PC?
Of course. We did not make this decision lightly. Our goal is to build the best game that we possibly can, and our relationship with Microsoft will help us realize our vision for the game.
• Why didn’t Microsoft, Square Enix or Crystal Dynamics say upfront it was a timed exclusive? Why all the indirect language?
We certainly didn’t intend to cause any confusion with the announcement. The Microsoft Gamescom stage was a great place to make the initial announcement, but not necessarily to go into details.
|STFU Adds TF2, L4D Characters!|
Super Time Force Ultra is coming to Steam on August 25th, and it’s bringing along three new friends that should be a little familiar…
We’re ULTRA excited to give Steam players a chance to travel through time with some of their favorite Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead characters! Let’s take a look:
Light’em up! Pyro from Team Fortress 2 dials the heat to 11, then rewinds and dials it to 12. Destroy evil robots with the flare gun, or roast them good with the patented Pyro flame thrower.
She’s got two pistols and an endless supply of propane tanks. Zoey from Left 4 Dead has taken a break from slaying zombies to hop through time with the Super Time Force! Blast baddies with twin handguns, or lob an explosive propane tank their way for maximum ‘splodiness.
When he’s not jumping from planes without a chute, wrastling gators, or beating up hippies, Team Fortress 2′s Saxton Hale tags along as the Super Time Force’s resident brawler/business man. Saxton uses his massive muscles, bare knuckles and self-confidence to smash Blounbot’s into a metal pulp. Then he rewinds and does it again.
All three Valve characters, along with 50 new Helladeck challenge levels and the new Ultra Force power mode are available in Super Time Force Ultra for $14.99 when it launches on Steam August 25th.
Want to see theses new characters, plus the other new STFU features in action? Head over to Capy's Twitch and watch the crew livestream all this amazing stuff later today.
|Pokémon Art Academy Launches for Nintendo 3DS on October 24 |
This fall, Pokémon Art Academy will welcome students of all ages and skill levels to study the fun and fine art of drawing some of their favorite Pokémon. Starting October 24, aspiring artists can hone their skills through a series of easy-to-follow lessons under the tutelage of esteemed Professor Andy in this new 2D art-instruction game for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
Drawing their way toward graduation – from the art basics of simple shapes and coloring, to exciting advanced techniques of shading and blending – players will wield a variety of tools, including markers, colored pencils, pastels and paints to illustrate popular Pokémon from all known regions. As they advance, players can unlock special lessons featuring Mega-Evolved Pokémon.
On the road to becoming Pokémon artists, players can showcase their 2D artwork in Miiverse galleries or save their creations to SD cards and print their limited-edition artwork to share with friends and family.
Pokémon Art Academy will be available October 24 in stores and in the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS. For more information about the game, visit artacademy.nintendo.com/pokemon.
|The adventure that was held in your hands is now re-imagined as a world inside your TV|
Tear away Unfolded is an expanded retelling of the BAFTA award-winning Tear away, reimagined for PlayStation 4. The game has been rebuilt from the ground up to take advantage of the enhanced power of the PlayStation 4 and the unique features of the DualShock 4 controller, with new fourth-wall-busting interactions and a bigger, more beautiful world to explore.
The original Tearaway was a little papery world held entirely in your hands, using all the features of the PlayStation Vita to bring players a great experience that was as lifelike and immersive as possible.
With Tearaway Unfolded, we’re doing the same thing, only this time rebuilt for the big screen, to bring more charming detail within wider vistas. The papery world now lives inside your TV and you interact with it using the unique inputs and physicality of the DualShock 4 controller to tear down the fourth wall and bring you into the game.
Journey through a vibrant, living papery world, with a plucky messenger who has a unique message to deliver—to YOU!
Choose to guide either atoi or iota on this adventure, each a bold courier with an expressive personality and a unique message for you locked away inside their envelope head. In order to read it though, they’re going to need your help to deliver it!
The papery world of Tearaway unfolds in your living room, allowing you to reach into your TV with your god-like powers and help your new messenger friend complete this very special delivery and making you the co-star of the game.
As you travel together in this buddy-movie style, rites-of-passage adventure, you’ll rely on each other’s strengths to overcome perilous challenges, and form a long-lasting bond. You’ll uncover a magical dimension inspired by half-forgotten stories and folklore and built realistically from paper that unfolds and comes alive before your very eyes; from lost islands and forgotten forests, to bottomless canyons and mysterious structures. As you guide your adventurous messenger through this world you’ll meet the papercraft creatures that live within it, help out strange new friends and encounter dangerous challenges.
What’s New for PS4
The world of Tearaway Unfolded blends with our own through the unique features of the DualShock 4 controller, bringing the game to life in completely new and unexpected ways:
• Unleash powerful gusts of wind to unfold rippling bridges, or send enemies tumbling off cliffs, with a well-timed swipe of the touch pad.
• Use the power of wind to propel your messenger through the skies in their paper plane and explore the world from above.
• Catch objects your messenger throws to you as they fly out of the screen into your wireless controller, where you can hear them rattling around, before sending them hurtling back into hard-to-reach places, or towards your hapless enemies.
• Shine the wireless controller’s light bar into the TV to illuminate dark and gloomy places, growing and transforming the scenery as you do, and guiding your companion along their way.
• Push and release the touch pad button to squash drum skins and spring your messenger up into the air or across platforms.
As you play, you’ll bring a little bit of this papery world back with you, as you collect papercraft plans to create the creatures, treasures and surroundings of Tearaway Unfolded from paper in the real world. As you explore, you’ll also see more of your own creativity appearing inside the paper world too!
• Immersive PlayStation 4 Controls - Rebuilt from the ground up to take full advantage of the PlayStation 4 and the DualShock 4, Tearaway Unfolded uses the full range of inputs to deliver and
• Platforming! - Above all else Tearaway Unfolded is a platform adventure game and Media Molecule have taken the experiences from making the award-winning LittleBigPlanet series and applied them to a vibrant, living 3D world.
• Paper Engine with Real World Physics - Tearaway Unfolded’s exclusive game engine creates a 3D animated world from sheets of paper to capture the real physics of paper material that will tear, fold, or crumple, especially when the player reaches out and interacts with the world.
• Story Time - Tearaway Unfolded is comprised of three short stories, which intertwine into one larger narrative, through which the player and their messenger friend are guided by two (mostly) wise and playful characters, the Green Man and the Fortune Teller, on their quest to hear new tales.
• Two worlds collide - Tearaway Unfolded is a living papery world inside the player’s TV, and constantly breaks the fourth wall to deliver a unique game experience. Tearaway Unfolded is an experience like no other; a game that knows the player exists, and integrates them fully into the story.
• Print & Create Papercraft - As they play through the game, players will be rewarded with real papercraft plans of the creatures, objects and characters from the game to print out and construct, bringing the world of Tearaway to life in their own homes. There are over 60 models to collect, each with colored in and blank versions, giving players the opportunity to get really creative, and adding many hours of fun to the Tearaway experience!
• Share Favorite Gameplay Moments - Players are encouraged to share special gameplay moments via social networks, using your messenger’s in-game camera to take photos of their adventures, with collectable filters and lenses allowing them to add their own creative spin.
• Tearaway community site - tearaway.me gives players access to their papercraft collection, and all the in-game photos they’ve shared, along with the photos taken by the rest of the Tearaway community, either from their own adventures, or of their papercraft models.
• Unique Experience for Every Player - From unlocking the unique message inside their messenger’s head, to decorating things along their journey and customizing how their messenger appears inside the game, Tearaway delivers a truly personalized gameplay experience.
|Muramasa Rebirth Final DLC Releases 9/2 & 9/3!|
Aksys Games is pleased to announce the final DLC entitled “Hell’s Where the Heart Is” from the Muramasa Rebirth Genroku Legends series will spook its way to PSN on September 2nd for North American fans and September 3rd for European fans on the PlayStation Vita handheld entertainment system!
Truly, Madly in Deep…Love!
When former monk turned playboy Seikichi accidentally proposes to Rajyaki, the daughter of the Lord of Hell, he finds himself literally sucked into an adventure he never dreamed of! Already on a mission to recover the sacred treasures of the Seven Gods of Fortune that she misplaced, Rajyaki stuffs Seikichi in a magical bag and continues her mission – all while being the “bestest” fiancée she can be! Play as the formidable Rajyaki as you explore the Muramasa world, all while falling madly and deeply in love with Seikichi!
Three Powerful Forms – Naturally as the daughter of the Lord of Hell, you have some fearsome powers. In child form, Rajyaki is quick and speedy with her ax. As a woman, Rajyaki uses her powerful club to knock enemies out of her way. Finally, in demon form, Rajyaki uses her near infinite powers to destroy any enemy in her path!
Test Your Skills – Even after completing the main story, Rajyaki’s adventure continues! Face bosses and enemies from the Muramasa Rebirth storyline and test your skills against the likes of Raijin or the Dragon God!
About Genroku Legends
Genroku Legends are spin-off tales from the highly acclaimed Muramasa Rebirth game that bring four new stories to the Muramasa Rebirth universe! Starting with the furry adventure “Fishy Tales of the Nekomata” to the final DLC, “Hell’s Where the Heart Is,” Genroku Legends adds a truly unique and engaging experience for those who cannot get enough of the Muramasa universe!
After completing all four DLC, a special gift from Vanillaware, developers of Muramasa Rebirth, awaits players in the Genroku Legends main menu!
Haven’t played them before? Be sure to pick up your copy of the first DLC today!
Fishy Tales of the Nekomata - A Cause To Daikon For - A Spirited Seven Nights’ Haunting