Download HQ Trailer .MP4 | 172 MB
| New Halo 5: Guardians Television Commercial Revealed |
Last week, the first Halo 5: Guardians TV commercial signaled something big was going on in the Halo universe. Now, a second ad spot sheds new light on the hunter and the hunted. Check out the latest video above, and tune into the season finale of Fear the Walking Dead this Sunday where it will also air! In case you missed it, last week’s commercial is available here on Xbox Wire and fans have been contributing to a real-time social conversation visualizer about Halo 5: Guardians here.
The hunt begins when Halo 5: Guardians launches worldwide on October 27, only on Xbox One. Pre-order the game at xbox.com/halo, and be sure to stay tuned to Xbox Wire and Halo Waypoint for the latest updates.
|Havok to Join Microsoft|
Today, we are proud to announce that Microsoft has acquired Havok, the leading provider of 3D physics, from Intel.
As we welcome Havok to the Microsoft family, we will continue to work with developers to create great games experiences, and continue to license Havok’s development tools to third party partners. We believe that Havok is a fantastic addition to Microsoft’s existing tools and platform components for developers, including DirectX 12, Visual Studio, and Microsoft Azure.
Havok is a fantastic technology supplier in the games industry and the leading real time physics creator. We saw an opportunity to partner together to deliver great experiences for our fans. Throughout the company’s history, they’ve partnered with Activision, EA, Ubisoft, Nintendo, Sony and many others to create more than 600 games including Halo, Assassin’s Creed, Call of Duty, Destiny, Dark Souls and The Elder Scrolls.
Microsoft’s acquisition of Havok continues our tradition of empowering developers by providing them with the tools to unleash their creativity to the world. We will continue to innovate for the benefit of development partners. Part of this innovation will include building the most complete cloud service, which we’ve just started to show through games like “Crackdown 3.”
Havok shares Microsoft’s vision for empowering people to create worlds and experiences that have never been seen before, and we look forward to sharing more of this vision in the near future.
blogs.microsoft.com - (Games made with Havok)
|Primal Carnage: Extinction Comes to PS4 on October 20th|
Heya, PlayStation folks. My name is Adam from Austin-based independent studio Panic Button.
In celebration of International Dinosaur Month (it’s really a thing), we’re bringing Circle 5 Studio’s dino-versus-people, first-person frag fest Primal Carnage: Extinction to PS4 on October 20th!
In a nutshell, Primal Carnage: Extinction is a class-based biter/shooter in which you play as your favorite dinosaur or mercenary to bite/claw/douse-with-poisonous-spit members of the opposing team in a variety of gameplay types.
The game is no-frills, jump-in-and-have-fun PS4 multiplayer mayhem with up to 16 players in player-hosted online and offline (single-screen LAN) modes. It makes great use of DualShock 4 and even has a custom control scheme for PS Vita Remote Play.
• Team Deathmatch - (un)Traditional dino-versus-human team-based multiplayer in unique battle arenas.
• Get to the Chopper - Control key parts of the map in this objective-based game mode, ultimately unlocking the escape helicopter and the Tyrant dinosaur that will try to stop it.
• Survival - Play solo or co-op through wave after wave of AI dinos.
• Free Roam - For those who want to strut their dino-might without the pressure of timers or kill counts.
Play as a Dinosaur
Playing as dinosaurs, spit, pounce, chomp, and tail-swing your way to the top of the food chain. Not exactly your typical FPS.
• Dilophosaurus - Ambush and blind your enemies from a distance or put your poisonous fangs to use, which will blind and slow the bipedal meat sacks.
• Novaraptor - Fast and scary is your namesake. Mercilessly slash your enemies or pounce and maul them into the ground. Watch out for the counterattack, though!
• Pteranodon - Reconnoiter from the sky and hone your swoop-down-and-carry-off skills or practice juggling your prey with a Pteranodon friend.
• Carnotaurus - You’re a two-legged cross between a bull and a T-Rex that charges your victims to death and can also heal by taking a bite out of them.
• Tyrannosaurus Rex - As the King of Lizards, be a high-health fearsome tank of an adversary.
The Human Team
As far as the human team, use weapons unique among first-person shooters to tranq, net, snipe, shoot, flame, or rocket your way to homo sapien superiority.
• The Scientist - Snipe from afar, or slow down opponents with your unique-to-class tranquilizers, but don’t let the beasts get in your personal space (You can say goodbye if they do).
• The Commando - On the other end of the spectrum, humble those legendary beasts with your assault rifle or rocket launcher. Remember you may be strong, but you’re not quick. Good thing you can take a beating.
• The Pathfinder - Get up close and personal with your powerful short-ranged shotgun and leverage your agility to reload without getting eaten.
• The Trapper - Net smaller dinos and lock the jaws of the larger ones to make them more susceptible to damage — a great tactic to slow them down for your team mates.
• The Pyro - Because fire.
Whether you’re comfy in your human skin or dinoLARPing is more your thing (we don’t judge), we hope you enjoy this modified take on the class-based first-person shooter genre.
Happy International (First-Person-Shooter) Dinosaur Month!
Adam Creighton - Director of Development, Panic Button
| Get the Ultimate Fallout Experience Coming Exclusively on Xbox One this November |
Today marks day five in a week full of bundles, where we showed you how we’re delivering more Xbox One options and value this holiday.
And today, we’re thrilled to give fans the opportunity to “welcome home” the ultimate Fallout experience, with the Xbox One Fallout 4 Bundle, featuring a 1TB hard drive, the critically-acclaimed Fallout 4, and a full-game download of Fallout 3. Experience the next generation of open-world gaming from Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning creators of Fallout 3 and Skyrim. Play and store more games than ever, including Fallout 3 and other Xbox 360 games, with the 1TB hard drive and Xbox One Backward Compatibility. And don’t forget, Fallout 4 players will be able to play PC mods free, first on Xbox One.
The Xbox One Fallout 4 Bundle will be available in November for $399 USD. Check with your local retailer, including Microsoft stores, for details today. The bundle will be available in Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Israel, Italy, New Zealand, Norway, Russia, Singapore, Slovakia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, UK, U.S., Saudi Arabia, South Africa and the United Arab Emirates.
It’s a good time to be a gamer, with the greatest games lineup in Xbox history and more Xbox One options than ever before headed your way this holiday. Earlier this week, we unveiled the Xbox One Rise of the Tomb Raider Bundle, Xbox One 1TB Holiday Bundle, Xbox One The LEGO Movie Videogame Bundle, Xbox One with Kinect bundle and the Xbox One Special Edition Gears of War Bundle.
|Update on PC Version of Arkham Knight|
As many of you know, we released a major patch for Batman: Arkham Knight PC a few weeks ago. While there were significant performance improvements made to the game, the teams are continuing to work on the additional updates that were outlined in our previous post. We expect these updates to be ready at the end of October, at which time the PC version will be made available for purchase. In addition, support for all DLC that has been released for the console versions will be in place.
Thanks again for your continued patience and support. We’ll be sure to update everyone as soon as the update is live.
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment